A simple way with sea bass, the fish is filled with fresh coriander and flavoured with cumin and chilli. This dish is perfect for bright suppers or dinner parties.
- 1 kg whole sea bass, gutted and scaled
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp unrefined light muscovado
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Clean the sea bass, wiping it inside and out with kitchen paper.
- Use a sharp knife to gently score the fish with 3–4 diagonal cuts on both sides. Stuff the inside of the fish with the fresh coriander.
- Mix together the chillies, cumin seeds, olive oil and salt and rub this mixture all over the outside of the fish. Place the fish on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. The skin should crisp up nicely as the fish is not covered.
- Check if the fish is cooked - the flesh should be opaque and feel firm to the touch. Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes if necessary.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Once the fish is cooked, remove the fillets using two spoons and then drizzle a little dressing over each portion.
Source: The Happy Foodie