Mango chutney is EASY to make! This tangy, tasty condiment is a perfect dip or accompaniment to chicken, pork, or lamb. Chutney is made much the same way as you would make a fruit jam, but with vinegar to offset the sweetness, making it more appropriate for savory dishes.
- 3 Mangoes, Peeled and Chopped into 1inch Cubes
- 1 Tbsp Apple Vinegar
- 50g Billingtons light Muscavado Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic grated
- 1 Thumb Piece of Ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Red Birds Eye Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1 Lime Freshly Squeezed
- Place all the ingredients into a heavy pan and simmer over a gentle heat for around 40 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir occasionally so that the sugar doesn’t catch at the bottom of the pan.
- Allow to cool and place into sterilised jam jars or an airtight glass container.
Source: Shelina Permalloo